Selecting custom pages for cart, search, register, etc.

Questions and answers about ShopSite Custom Templates

Selecting custom pages for cart, search, register, etc.

Postby Yachtsman » Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:02 pm

I am making a custom layout based in the "Curved" theme.

I get how to choose page and product layouts but I don't how to find and/or modify "advanced" or shopping cart pages.
Yachtsman

Re: Selecting custom pages for cart, search, register, etc.

Postby Jim » Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:32 pm

Merchandising > Custom Templates > Advanced gets you to the section for the templates for Search, Customer Registration, Tell a Friend and Gift certificates
Merchandising > Custom Templates > Shopping cart gets you to the section for the templates for the Shopping cart (note: each shopping cart template contains 5 or more sections, one for each of the shopping cart, billing, confirmation, thankyou screens and the html email receipt.

You can find the name of the template used for the Shopping cart under Commerce Setup > Order System > Layout Info. Once you have that you can go to the above location and make a copy of the ShopSite template and make your changes to the copy of the template. When editing the template any include files mentioned you can make copies of from the Includes area of the Custom Templates section.

Selecting the template for Search is done under Preferences > Search Setting > Search Layout,
Gift Certificates is under Merchandising > Gift Certificates,
Tell a Friend is under Merchandising > Tell a friend or Merchandising > Social Media > Share with friends (Tell a friend )
Customer Registration under Commerce Setup > Customer Registration > Configure.
Jim
Site Admin

Re: Selecting custom pages for cart, search, register, etc.

Postby Yachtsman » Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:00 pm

Thanks that helps a lot.
Yachtsman

Return to Custom Template Questions