Adding Proof Pictures or attachments to the Order

Request and discuss enhancements to ShopSite

Adding Proof Pictures or attachments to the Order

Postby savannahengraving » Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:32 am

I use a lot of customers pictures in my orders. Right now, I am asking the customer to send a picture via e-mail in addition to their order so that I can produce a proof picture and send it back to them. It would be nice if they could just attach the picture as a part of their order and then I could keep track of the pictures a lot easier. This way when I look at my orders list, I can open up an order and see the picture (or any other attachment for that matter) attached to that order.

Thanks.
Leif Ragnaldsen
Savannah Engraving
www.savannahengraving.com
savannahengrave@aol.com
912-484-8771
savannahengraving

Postby mokele » Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:29 pm

You could have them attach an image to the email or uploaded to you website by using the Order API either using Perl or PHP, which either would replace the thank you page or be part of the process. Depending on File size you may want to have progress bar, one option would be Rad Upload, http://www.radinks.com/. I haven't a chance use their newer version which is a Java applet, but use older version that ran off of PHP and Perl that worked pretty well.
Scott Norman
Web Developer/Programmer
YourHost.com
Ecommerce Web Site Hosting & Internet Solutions
mokele

Thanks for the reply!

Postby leif1000 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:00 pm

Thanks so much for the reply. Any way I could pay you to set it up for me on my website? I don't know a thing about perl script. I wish they could just press a browse button and upload their file into a folder on my server. My website is www.savannahengraving.com I'm hosting through hypermart.net Thanks again.

Leif
savannahengrave@aol.com
Leif Ragnaldsen
Southern Lighters
www.southernlighters.com
leif1000

Re: Thanks for the reply!

Postby mokele » Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:07 pm

Don't know if you still looking for help, but YourHost.com can help you setup the Order API to send pictures. Contact brandon@yourhost.com or eric@yourhost.com or call 714-842-8511.

leif1000 wrote:Thanks so much for the reply. Any way I could pay you to set it up for me on my website? I don't know a thing about perl script. I wish they could just press a browse button and upload their file into a folder on my server. My website is www.savannahengraving.com I'm hosting through hypermart.net Thanks again.

Leif
savannahengrave@aol.com
Scott Norman
Web Developer/Programmer
YourHost.com
Ecommerce Web Site Hosting & Internet Solutions
mokele

Return to Enhancement Requests