Inventory Tracking for Product Options

Request and discuss enhancements to ShopSite

Inventory Tracking for Product Options

Postby highcascade » Thu Nov 02, 2006 10:29 pm

We sell t-shirts and want to track the inventory for each size of each style. Please, please make a fix so I can track the individual quantities of each option.

Right now, I have to list each size of each style as a different product. This makes our site look far too busy. . . our competitors must use a different shopping cart system because theirs looks great.

Will somebody from ShopSite please email me? I am quite frustrated and am tempted to just pay for another shopping cart service. Thank you.
Kevin
highcascade

Postby Jeff » Sat Nov 04, 2006 11:15 pm

our competitors must use a different shopping cart system because theirs looks great.

Or perhaps they don't maintain their inventory in their shopping cart system or they use a cart that lacks the ability to track inventory.

We sell apparel that varies by size and color. Furthermore our products can be customized with embroidery. Shopsite works pretty well compared with other carts we've looked at.
Jeff

Re: Inventory Tracking for Product Options

Postby dlundell » Fri Dec 01, 2006 1:08 am

highcascade wrote:We sell t-shirts and want to track the inventory for each size of each style. Please, please make a fix so I can track the individual quantities of each option.

Yes, this would be a big improvement.

Along the same lines, I'd really like to see the ability to vary weight with product options. As it is now, you can only list one weight for a product.

I've been hoping for both of these fixes for a long time.
dlundell

Postby Andyk318 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:45 pm

We have similiar issues in that we sell different colors of the same product and do not want to create a new product for each color. We desperately need shopsite to be able to track inventory by color because it is becoming a huge headache for us.

Shopsite developers please implement this in your next release!!
Andyk318

Return to Enhancement Requests